|HbA1c with Capillary Electrophoresis – the new REFERENCE METHOD|
- The new reference methodhas been approved by the member societies of the International Federation of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicineand will be the basis for the future uniform standardization of HbA1c routine assays worldwide.
- Accurate measurement of the HbA2 peak using the HbA1c program.
- Alarm in case of abnormally elevated HbA2.
- Excellent sensitivity measurement with no influence of the total hemoglobin concentration.
- Excellent correlation with the HbA2 measured on the hemoglobin program of CAPILLARYS 2 or MINICAP Flex Piercing.
- Beta-thalassemia, even at the heterozygous state, is likely to alter the red blood cells lifespan. In the event of the incidental detection of beta-thalassemia, clinician should be alerted that the HbA1c target value usually chosen for therapeutic decision may not be applicable.